How to read the scale
- How do you read Vernier scale?
- Please tell me how to read the scale (vernier) attached to the dovetail stages.
1) Read the 0 position of the vernier of A in 1 mm increments with the B scale.
(29 mm in the case of the figure)
2) Look at the scale of A and read the scale C at the same position as the scale of B,
and make it a numerical value of 0.1 mm place. (0.6 mm in the case of the figure)
3) The sum of above 1) and 2) shows the current position of the stage. (29.6 mm in the case of the figure)
- How to read the scale of micrometer head
- Please tell me how to read the scale of micrometer head.
* In the case of reading of micrometer head 0.01 mm
1) Read in 0.5 mm increments how many mm the sleeve position (A) shows at the end of the thimble.
(7.5 mm in the case of the figure)
2) Read the value of the thimble at the position where the reference line of the sleeve and the thimble
match (B). (0.38 mm in the case of the figure)
3) The sum of above 1 and 2 shows the current position of the stage.
(In the case of the figure, 7.5 mm + 0.38 mm = 7.88 mm)
- Should the scale of the reverse type rotary stage be read counterclockwise?
- The rotary stage has scale by one degree increment. Will the direction of the scale (0 to 360 °)
be reversed (counterclockwise) for reverse type products?
The scale (0 to 360 deg) is all clockwise. It is same for both standard (L) and reverse type(R) rotary stages.
- Manual horizontal plane Z axis micrometer value
- What is the micrometer value at the stroke center of the manual horizontal Z-axis stage (B33 series)?
B33-40A → 3.75 mm
B33-40 KGA → 3.25 mm
B33-60A → 3.75 mm
B33-60 KGA → 6 mm
B33-70 KGA → 6 mm
B33-80A → 5.5mm
* In practical use, mounting dimensional error of about ± 0.5 mm may occur.