Operation conditions and usage
- Optical beam shutter
- Questions about the use of optical beam shutter.
Optical beam shutter is not sold as of March 14, 2019
Q1) Is there any influence on the opening / closing operation if the mirror is attached to the shading plate?
A1) Please do not do that, because the shading plate will stop opening / closing.
Q2) Please tell me the laser damage threshold of the shading plate.
A2) Durability test is not performed because just low power laser is assumed.
For reference, the shading plate is a black anodized aluminum material.
Q3) How many times is the endurance of the opening and closing action?
A3) F116 series is about 20,000 times, and the F573 series is about 1 million times.
However, since it is a value calculated from the durability of internal parts, it is not a guaranteed value.
Q4) As we intend to control with our own controller, please tell us the polarity.
A4) There is no polarity.
- Standard of screw ring and resin ring
- What are the standard for screw rings and resin rings?
Is it possible to use it for other companies' products?
Because it is manufactured to our standard, there is a possibility that it can not be used for
other companies' products.
- Material of base (breadboard / adapter etc)
- What is the material of the base?
Is the material of the breadboard or adapter magnetic?
The material is nonmagnetic because it is aluminum.
- Operating conditions of magnet base
- When the plate of magnetic material was placed on the magnet base, the magnetizing force
(adhesion force) became weak.
Do you have any countermeasures?
Insert a "nonmagnetic plate" with a thickness of 3 mm or more between the magnet base
and the magnetic plate.
By blocking the magnetic force, the original performance of the magnet base can be exhibited.
- Operating environment of optical tables
- The optical table (anti-vibration table) will be used in a humid environment.
Is there any influence on the performance?
It is not recommended to use in humid places as some parts may have rust.
- Laser damage threshold of the optical element
- What is the laser damage threshold of optical elements?
There is no definition of laser damage threshold.
The optics listed in the catalog assume low laser power.
Therefore, when using a high power laser or short pulse laser, the surface of the optical element
may be damaged.
In addition, if the optical element is exposed to the laser for a long time, the surface may change like
stains, so it is recommended to shut off the laser when it is not necessary.